Types of Magic
These are the types of magic genres and schools that are taught at Beinspora.
- Abjuration: Spells that protect, block, or banish. An abjuration specialist is called an abjurer.
- Apothecary/Alchemy : Potions, Herbology
- Beastology: The care of magical and non-magical beasts within the magic using world. The research and discovery of new magical fauna and flora is also in this school of magic. A Beastology Specialist is called a Beastologist.
- Conjuration: Spells that bring creatures or materials to the caster. A conjuration specialist is called a conjurer.
- Divination: Spells that reveal information. A divination specialist is called a diviner. Astrology, Divination, Runes, Tarot are all aspects of this school.
- Enchantment: Spells that imbue the recipient with some property or grant the caster power over another being. An enchantment specialist is called an enchanter. Enchantment is a grey area and very debated within the circles of law enforcement. It is felt that is can be against the law that bars others from taking the will and freedom of a being. The other side of that though, is that the law enforcement has some enchanters on their squads to help catch magical criminals.
- Evocation: Spells that manipulate energy or create something from nothing. An evocation specialist is called an evoker.Healing: Healing spells and magic, users are called healers
- Illusion: Spells that alter perception or create false images. An illusion specialist is called an illusionist.
- Incarnum: Soul Magic/ Soul Energy
- Magical History/Universal Basics: Wands, Nonverbal, Staffs. Magical theory, also all universal magic that any can learn would be found here.
- Necromancy: Spells that manipulate, create, or destroy life or life force. A necromancy specialist is called a necromancer. This practice is frowned on by the Drako Forces and most of the USA magical government, but there are classes to teach against such practices and how to stop a Necromancer.
- Primal Magic/Wild Magic: Magic usually found with non-human magical beings and untrained magic by a magical user. Also referenced as Chaos Magic
- Summoning: The Summoning extraplanar creatures and beings like daemons and angels. Summoning is in a grey area of the laws, and has been a long debated practice. Some feel that summoning is useful to help when in dire need. Others feel that it forces an extraplanar creature or being to help, thus breaking the rule of not taking the will of another
- Techomany: The dance of magic and technology
- Transmutation: Spells that transform the recipient physically or change its properties in a more subtle way. A transmutation specialist is called a transmuter.